Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Life's Trials and Temptations

Life's Trials and Temptations

 


Here lately I've been dealing with a lot of confusion and temptations. It seems as if the more and more I try to follow the Lord and do what's right the devil is on my shoulder saying" Come on have a little fun you only live once ya know." Since I was not exactly born into a Christian home and was formerly a part of the Mennonites it has me constantly questioning my every move. Plus I've since married into a Mennonite family and also live in an area surrounded by Mennonites. The tough part and major question I constantly ask myself "Well are you Mennonite or are you not?" I so often feel as though I have one foot in each world, and currently the temptation is stronger to just give into little things like hanging out with the wrong friends, and just plain being very very vain. I expressed to a very good friend of me that I'm not even sure I know how to find a balance when it comes to being conservative or less conservative. I know currently in my tattoo removal I am not through it so that alone puts me on the less conservative end of the spectrum. I'm so unsure and not even sure where I'm going to be in the process of myself being conservative or less conservative. In a way that scares me I know if my in-laws had there way about it I would be pretty conservative.
 My main temptations are the little things that make a girl feel so pretty like highlighting my hair, getting pedicures and manicures. For some people you may not struggle with this but I certainly do. I'm not sure if it's because I just want to fit in or feel loved or if I no longer want to stand out but instead blend in with the crowd. Ladies if you have any sound Biblical advice I'm completely open to it. 
Lord,
My prayer to you right now is that you will help me find balance in this situation. Help me to stay focused on you. Give me the strength and wisdom and help these constant question I keep asking myself to go away, so that I am no longer battling myself. Work in my heart so that I may not feel the need to fit in so much.Help me to find scripture that comforts me rather than those around me.  In you Holy and Most Gracious Name Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment